Saturday, November 24, 2012

Very Enjoyable Watching Later with Jools Holland


Roberto Matta.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Matta

Watching Later with Jools Holland last night on BBC2 was great fun; I really enjoyed myself tremendously listening to the wonderful music.

The performers were Sinead O'Connor, Courtney Pine, Biffy Clyro, Tame Impala, Lau, and Mud Morganfield.

I enjoyed every single performance, it was lovely to see Sinead O'Connor again she is a delightful performer and her band was good too.

Although I don't like jazz much I really enjoyed Courtney Pine and his excellent band, I could have listened to Courtney Pine for much longer.

Tame Impala from Perth Australia were magnificent; the riff they were playing was very reminiscent of Canned Heat, my favourite American band from the 70's.

Lau, a wonderful Scottish folk music trio who were playing accordion, guitar and fiddle who I enjoy listening to, good to hear more folk music again these days.

Jools Holland had a wonderful surprise for everybody by announcing the son of Muddy Waters, Mud Morganfield who was enjoyable to listen to.

My big favourites were Biffy Clyro, a band I've seen before on an earlier series of later with Jools Holland.

It was brilliant seeing last night edition of later with Jools Holland, I am looking forward to seeing the next edition on Tuesday next week which will I fear will be the last in this series.

The next time Jools Holland will be back is will be for his Hogmanay show on 31 December.

No comments: