Sunday, August 12, 2012

Enjoy The Evening

Roberto Matta.

Saturday was another lovely day spent with Angela; we had fun talking and laughing, especially about our time at Hillcroft College from 1991 to 1992.

Funny to think that that is already 21 years ago, it's amazing how time flies by, I could hardly believe it was so long ago now and yet it doesn't feel so long.

A bottle of prosecco tastes even better when shared with friends, one bottle was opened on Friday afternoon when Anja was here.

Angela and I finished it yesterday afternoon, she opened the second bottle in the early evening, it was fun drinking it together with her.

Richie cooked a delicious meal; he made tofu and spinach curry, cucumber raita, lentil dhal, basmati rice and spicy poppadoms.

We had a wonderful evening the three of us, and just like the previous nights we did not say good night until gone 02.00.

It was a great evening spent laughing and having a great time enjoying each others company.

Sad to think Angela will be already be leaving us tomorrow afternoon at 15.00 to fly back to England.

That is tomorrow today is still Sunday and she's still here so we can enjoy the rest of the day laughing even more and enjoying each other's company.

So nice to see friends, every time somebody stays with us we enjoy it because it is really lovely to have other people around to talk with.

These visits made me realise quite how isolated we are, sometimes the only person we see here is my lovely physiotherapist Matilda.

I guess that's life, we are all involved with our own lives and that makes it difficult to find time.

Life is like that, all we can do is make the best of it, I'm so glad I've realised that is the best strategy for me and for us.

As soon as I've found a picture and posted this piece I'm going to enjoy the evening with Angela and my darling Richie.

1 comment:

Webster said...

I envy you your visits with company. I wish somebody would come over and pay a visit to me. Alas, I don't see it happening. And as I find it more and more difficult to get out by myself,there are days when the walls start closing in.

That said, I told DH that I would really like to go see a sunset this week, as well as going out to brunch. We'll see what happens.