Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Optimistic Anticipation.


 
Roberto Matta
  
This morning was not my favourite, because Milou, the wound nurse from the rehabilitation clinic was coming round to look at the progress of the wound healing.

Milou is a lovely young woman; very competent at her job, despite that I get very nervous before a visit just like I did when Ton used to visit before he retired.

It is really quite funny how anxious I get before these visits, but I think it is quite understandable it is not very pleasant needing someone to examine my bottom.

I have total confidence in the staff from the rehabilitation clinic, but I am really looking forward to this wound healing so I don't have to see them every two weeks.

Today Milou informed us that the wound was smaller than when she saw it two weeks ago, this is very encouraging news.

She did not say when she thought it would be closed up however Milou did seem very optimistic.

I think I will try to be optimistic too even if it is hard to do especially because I've been in bed now since 23rd of February this year.

Wednesday next week I will be getting the Seetech computer which will arrive in the nick of time because my hands are not functioning well.

Today I've had to resort to using my thumb to move the cursor as well as opening and shutting applications.

Considering that four years ago I thought my hand function was not going to last for much longer, I've done very well in being able to type all this time.

However in the last year I was only able to write short pieces for my blog every day, this was frustrating but it was the best I could do.

Hopefully I will be able to learn quickly how to use Seetech, my plan is to alternate between Dragon's speech recognition and Seetech.

This was a suggestion of Matilda my physiotherapist, who thought that I would prefer to use voice recognition to write my pieces and Seetech to correct with.

As well has surf the net, answer my mails, read the newspapers and many other things that will be much easier for me to do.

I'm looking forward to getting the new equipment next week, although I'm also worried whether I will be able to learn how to use the new equipment as quickly as I want to.


1 comment:

JC said...

Just stopping by to see how you are doing. I've been busy and haven't had time to visit blogs lately.

I do hope this helps you be able to say the things you want on your blog.

xo,

JC