Saturday, June 02, 2012

Scandalous Treatment Of The Disabled.


 
Frida Kahlo 

At the moment I'm still digesting the information I got from my case manager about the council’s decision to re-evaluate.

I'm not going to panic, I'm going to get organised, I shall mail the national handicapped organisation called Ango and update them as to Amsterdam city councils intention to come here to reappraise.

Ango are very well aware of my case, they have been for informed and were keen for me to send them to court documents as they would be able to use them to argue that a precedent has been set by my winning my appeal.

I've also asked a friend of ours, an excellent investigated journalist to come round and read the court documents.

I'm hoping that she will have the time to write an article about exposing the council’s actions.

It's about time I think that this should be brought to the attention of the public; I'm convinced it should be public knowledge that councils are treating vulnerable people in such a shoddy fashion.

This case has very important implications for many others in similar situations that also need air conditioning as a necessity in order to have some quality-of-life during the summer months.

It is quite unbelievable; I am severely handicapped, a tetraplegic suffering from progressive multiple sclerosis having to fight for every bit of equipment that I need to live.


No comments: