Monday, January 23, 2012

a good thing to reaffirm.



Valentine Hugo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine_Hugo

Felt surprisingly quite good today after a late night; I woke up suddenly in discomfort, due to my pelvis being twisted one way and my torso the other way.

My head was following my pelvis and leaning to the right at an acute angle which was not comfortable as soon as I woke.

It is amazing how much movement my body still has even though I am totally unable to move my body at all. 

Every morning when I wake, I am curious as to where my body has shifted to in the night.

When I was mobile, never sat still for very long, I was always getting up and doing something, usually as soon as I had sat down.

How I wish I could move around again, exercise and be able to feel my muscles working, a great feeling.

I loved going to Th gym, used to go every week, seems incredible now, and almost could be someone else not me.

My life now is so different now; despite everything I am still happy to be alive, a good thing to reaffirm.

4 comments:

KParthasarathi said...

I don't know what to say.But I admire your spirit in taking things in your stride especially when I know that I would not be half as brave as you are in similar circumstances.
Try your hand in penning some small verses on many things you see.It is an intersting past time

Tracey's Life said...

Hang in Herrad, your positive thoughts are wonderful and lovely to read. You do so inspire me.

Hugs

love lives in the kitchen said...

dear herrad, i just wanted to say hello and wish you all the best in 2012. i admire your writing.
hugs form milan,
justyna

Have Myelin? said...

Herrad, please come by and pick up your award. =) You were first on my list of course! You inspire me.

Hmmm...what Kparthasarathi suggested is good!