Thursday, October 20, 2011

Small Victories.



Bienvenido Bones Banez Jr.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bienvenido_%E2%80%9CBones%E2%80%9D_Banez,_Jr

More problems with blogger today, I couldn’t post the labels on my English blog post for most of the day nor edit and post my Dutch post.

Until just now when it finally worked, with the same labels, and the same text in my Dutch post, but that’s not weird, it’s just blogger.

Its nice to have some small victories, like the phone call at midday, it was Edwin from Welzorg, Edwin called to make an appointment to lower the arm supports

Edith noticed when I got the new seat on 10th October, that the arm supports on my wheelchair were 10 cms too high, causing me to sit painfully hunched.

She immediately phoned Percy who promised to send someone right away, finally after waiting for 11 painful days I was offered an appointment next week Thursday.

This was not acceptable; not another uncomfortable week, so I said but Percy promised a quick appointment on Monday 10 October.

Edwin’s response was to say the appointment would be tomorrow between 8-13, which was brilliant, just what I wanted to hear, I am looking forward to sitting painlessly tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully the burocratic paperwork will get done soon, so Welzorg can order the new steering, so that trips outside will finally be safe, with the correct steering, not the one they gave us last November, which is only for indoors.

No wonder I fell, luckily I didn’t get very badly injured when I fell head first out of the wheelchair, Richie felt guilty for months and it was the mobility advisers fault for advising the wrong steering.

  

3 comments:

gareth said...

Hi H@R,so glad to read on FB that they came eventualy to fix the arm rests. The Lasagna turned out YUMMy with kale from me garden which was also yum. Whishing you folks a pleasent weekend. Going to folks tomorrow.
LOVE@HUGS GXXX

Tracey's Life said...

Hi Herrad, Finally saw the blog post at 6:30 pm EST

Hugs to you and hope you made out good with the cushions.

Herrad said...

hi gareth,
the lack of painful shoulders is great.
your lasaegne inspired richie, we had lasagne next night with kale.

hi tracey,
thanks,so good no painful shoulers now.

thanks to you 3 lovely friends for coming by.
love,
herrad




























ve,
herrad