Monday, September 05, 2011

It Felt Like Progress Today.


Joan Erbe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Erbe

 It, has been a good day today I feel like progress has been made which is a pleasant feeling, it makes a nice change.
After a nice shower Richie sat me in my wheelchair at 11 o’clock, ready for my appointment with Ruud from Summit and Maurits, my occupational therapist, from the Amsterdam Rehabilitation Clinic..

We contacted Ruud at 12.45 when there was no sign of him arriving, turned out he had complications at his other appointment and would get here as soon as he could.

Maurits had been here on time at 12, sadly he couldn’t wait for Ruud to arrive, however we discussed several things, which was extremely useful.

Maurits made an appointment with RDT Het Dorp for a gadget that would fit on my wheelchair and support my left arm which would allow arm movement, maybe even let me feed myself.

He also sent an e-mail to Edith, who is standing in for Annelies, to ask her to organise an appointment with Permobile, my wheelchair supplier, to investigate other ways of steering.

Ruud arrived at the same as Mathilde my wonderful physiotherapist who did a few exercises with me and massaged my neck, shoulders while Ruud set up his equipment.

Then Mathilde and Richie assisted Ruud in moulding the seat around me, this took an hour, it felt like it gave me much better support, finally I can sit up properly.

A first for me, I have not been able to do that since I had functioning torso muscles in 2008, I can’t wait for it to be made, it takes 2 to 3 weeks, Ruud will try to get it made in two.

4 comments:

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....things does song wonderfully promising and the guy from Maurits was extremely helpful if they can duplicate people like that well the healthcare systems/companies would be great.

Here's pray 3 weeks fly by like 3 days.

have a great week.

Herrad said...

Hi Rhapsody,
Maurits does seem to be good, and Ruud did an excellent job making my new wheelchair seat only another 3 weeks of painful sitting and i will get my new seat.
i am optimstic.
Love,
Herrad

Webster said...

Yes, it does seem that all of the equipment people are being more attentive to their jobs. Perhaps there has been a shake-up in upper level management? Hopefully just TWO weeks for a new seat.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
Maurits was good, glad he is currently my occupational therapist.
Johannke won't be back until november.
Seems she may have been having problems for month which explains why i have not been getting what i need, so Maurits is doing well.
Ruud is amazing, excellent seeing him mould and model the seat.
Fingers crossed for two weeks.
Love,
Herrad