Friday, May 20, 2011

The Waiting Game.


 Naive Art.
Ricardo Ponce.
Biography: He received his first formal training at the Elementary School of Fine Arts (Escuela Elemental de Artes Plásticas “20 Octubre”) and the Academy of Fine Arts (Academia de Artes Plásticas “San Alejandro”) in Havana.

He was born on September 21, 1968 in Puerto Padre, Las Tunas Province. He is a member of the ACAA, the Cuban Association of Artists and Artisans and the AHS, the Hermano Saíz Association.



A beautiful sunny day today, looking forward to going out, I hope Riche will get the hang of the temporary new joystick.

Still no news about the support cushions that I was supposed to get on Tuesday, an hour before the appointment my occupational therapist rang to cancel the appointment.

Johanneke was angry to have to be the one to tell me the bad news; luckily she had the faxes with agreement from my health insurance that we could order the cushions.

She hopes that she can persuade Agis to pay for the cushions, as per the agreement with them.

That was in March, Johanneke then asked Quattron, on 2nd April to make the support cushions.

I  was led to believe this would take two weeks, finally some weeks ago I heard they would be  here on 17th may.

Feeling let down by them all, February we had an appointment with a representative from Quattron.

Dennis told us once Agis gave the go ahead they could be made in two weeks; Johanneke said getting the ok from Ages was a formality.

Now Agis and Quattron have a disagreement and until that is resolved no support cushions for me or anyone else.   

11 comments:

Joyce said...

what a nightmare you are dealing with......i am really sorry they are giving you so much stress.......

chib said...

Sorry for bad experiences. I can imagine how you feel by uncertainity of obtaining the cushions.
Just encouraging words, but well......, not very true.... We hope something will be solved very soon.
I wish you a lovely weekend!

kmilyun said...

when I read things like this it is infuriating! So the bully's on the playground have a fight and everyone else goes without lunch?

I hope this is straightened out fast and you get your support cushions ASAP! For your and Richie' sake!

Jan

Ana said...

I hope things get better. It really make me angry.
I'm glad you came to visit me.
I thought you had forgot me.
:)
Love,
Ana

Richie said...

It is a ridiculous situation- why this multitude of providers? It is supposed to give choice for the patient and the competition is supposed to keep prices low- we get no option but to use the supplier they want to work with and all the agencies fighting over the same money ends up with petty fights over costs and a web of confusion and miss-communication. I hope they can sort this mess out soon because we need those cushions!

Herrad said...

Hi Joyce,
Thanks for your support, they always give me stress, something we have had to cope with since autumn 2006.

Hi Chib,
Thanks for your visit and supportive comment.
Richie and I hope that the problems between the health insurance and the company gets solved soon.

Hi Jan,
We hope too that this gets sorted soon.
It's infuriating, my occupational therapist has a couple faxes stating they will pay so they should keep their word and so so.
Your bully analogy is spot on.

Hi Ana,
I have not forgotten you, nor could I ever.
I think of you lots, but better to visit or send a mail then you know that too.
Yesterday I visited Justana and read your talk with Cynthia, sadly my comment could not be placed, will try again now.
Always in my thoughts.
Love,
Herrad

Hi Richie,
Thanks for summing the situation up so well.
Every couple of years Agis and Quattron have a disagreement and many people have to pay the price for their incompetency.

Thanks to you 5 lovely friends for coming by.
I hope the 'bullies' sort themselves out soon and I get the cushions soon.
Have a pleasant weekend.
Love,
Herrad

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Sometimes words are all you have to fight the incompetent system. Best wishes to you both and thumbs up for at least speaking up. Think of those alone and without any coping skills. Have a great weekend. Love, Mary

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad and Richie,

Is there a list of names and addresses we can all mail or email letters to regarding this cushion fiasco?

It's unacceptable that you do not have the cushions and you the patient should not suffer the fallout from the red tape dysfunction in the care system.

I would be happy to write them on your behalf. You should have cushions delivered in any way they can next week or I suggest going to the local media about it, invite the newspaper to your home and tell them to bring a photographer for a 'human interest' story.

"Disabled woman waits months for agency help" could be a start.

HUGS

Stephany

Gareth said...

O the BUggers this is so wrong on many levels the main one being Its neither of these companies that will suffer really but all the people that need items or treatments. Hope ya get the Cushions Soon
BIG HUGS to ALL @ hope your enjoying the weekend with footy @ Possabily DR Who :)
LOVE GX

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad and Richie,

I wrote a blog post about this to hopefully gain some attention from the insurer and the cushion company.

click here to read the post-"AGIS one of the largest healthcare insurers in the Netherlands is causing undue pain and suffering for MS patient"

I hope you hear positive news next week and receive the cushions, this is intolerable treatment and service.

HUGS

Stephany

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your supportive comment, I will keep pushing for what I need.
I hope others can get the support they need to do the same.

Hi Stephany,
Agis are the people reneging on their agreement to pay for the support cushions.
I have been waiting since February for the cushions.

Hi Gareth,
Thanks for your support, we hope I do not have to wait too long, sadly no word yet.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your comment and your wonderful post, that gave me and Richie such a boost.

Thanks to you 4 dear friends for coming by and leaving supportive comments which helped me feel better.
Love,
Herrad