Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday At The Market.


 
John Banting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Banting

We were supposed to get visitors this afternoon but they did not come by which was a shame.

I hope to see them soon, glad I phoned to see if they were coming, once we knew they were not coming we went out.

Today was very changeable weather, sunny then clouds would come over and cover the sunshine.

Luckily the clouds came and went, we went out, and I wore my fleece top, big scarf and hat and gloves so I was fine.

The brisk wind was actually pleasant especially as I was well wrapped up; the market was good, nice to see the activity.

I love being at the market, it is lovely to see so many people and to look at all the stalls, we bought a couple of things from the Greek stall.

Taramasalata and small stuffed peppers as well as a packet of flat round bread, we will get some more tasty treats on Saturday.

I am already looking forward to going to the market again on Saturday; hope the weather will be good then.

Just watching the TV now, a disturbing Panorama documentary about people with learning difficulties being badly mistreated by the staff who I hope will all be arrested and imprisoned.




                                                      

5 comments:

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Great to hear you got out. The food sounds wonderful. Have a great week! Love, Mary

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
It was excellent going out, and visiting the Greek stall is always special.
Thanks for coming by I hope your week is pleasant.
Love,
Herrad

Webster said...

Your market trip sounds like great fun for you even though it came at the expense of having visitors. Shame the visitors didn't think to call you themselves that they weren't going to make it.

Stop watching those disturbing documentaries! If you can't do anything about it, it does you more harm than good to watch negative things. Better to watch light hearted fare or enlightened learning instead.

Hope your week turns sunny. They say our weekend will be in the 70s F. FINALLY.

JC said...

There's a small Farmers Market that I go to every blue moon or so. Always fun to see what they have.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
The market is great, very enjoyable going there, as many times as I can every week.
One friend sent an e-mail, which I did not see as I was sitting in my wheelchair and not using my pc.
It is getting sunny here, once the cool wind stops it will be perfect.
I prefer documentaries to romcoms.

Hi JC,
Farmers markets are good, glad they are becoming so popular

Thanks to you two dear friends for coming by.op
Enjoy today.op
Love
Herrad