Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Success After Many E-Mails.


Henri Rousseau.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Rousseau

I was pleased that I managed to get most of the way to and from the market on my own.

The sun was lovely, especially out of the wind, the Ten Cate market is good to visit, Tuesday has always been one of my favourites.

It was good to be there this afternoon, nice to be greeted by market stall holders we know and to buy tasty treats from the Greek stall.

Yesterday I got the new lighter joystick which is easier to use, the handle is not as easy to hold as the one I had.

Hopefully I can get another more suitable handle soon, as well as get the wheelchair table support bracket strengthened, the people from Welzorg, did try to tighten the screws.

Today the table was sagging again, so will have to contact my case manager, yet more telephone calls and e-mails.

Finally all my e-mails to our landlords paid off, they have now put the anti pigeon strips up in all the guttering and above the kitchen windows, front doors and lift doors.

It has only taken me years of telephone calls, numerous e-mails to get the entire building pigeon proof; I started asking for this in 2007.

They promised this in the spring of 2008, they only did the ground floor, after more e-mails they did the first floor in 2009, the rest was done in 2010.

They did not do the front of the building, from first to fourth floor until today; it has been quite a struggle to achieve.

Yippee, brilliant that it has been done now, just before we were going to buy the anti pigeon strips tomorrow.  



                                    

3 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like a day to celebrate Herrad!
Cheers

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad I'm glad you had a nice shopping time with some freedom and enjoyment of a place you love.

Great about the building being 'bird proof' now, a cleaner area I suspect!

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Karen,
We did celebrate, its quite a victory.
Thanks again for your help, sending me the links where to buy the anti pigeon strips.

Hi Stephany,
It was a good trip to the market, and brilliant the anti pigon strips are finally installed.

Thanks to you 2 dear friends for coming by.
Feels good to have finally been successful getting rid of the pigons nesting in the building.
Its brilliant.
Love,
Herrad