Sunday, May 08, 2011

Laughing Helps Me.

 
Pedro Friedeberg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Friedeberg

Clearing my mind of thoughts before sleep is difficult for me, it is amazing how no matter how relaxed, I might be, still a though comes.

Suddenly being relaxed goes away, like being woken, with a wet flannel slapped across my face.

I hate those moments; it is frustrating that suddenly something I had not thought about all day, maybe all week is suddenly there.

The thoughts are either about, making appointments or remembering I need to contact my dentist.

Need to find out that I will be able to be not only, lifted from wheelchair into his reclining chair, but also held in place with straps.

The last time I went there in May 2008, I could still sit up, my torso muscles worked, they don’t work anymore.

I am sure that something can be worked out, I know the reason I have not made an appointment is because I am waiting to hear from Welzorg.

When will they take my wheelchair for 4 days, to replace the joystick, which takes aprox one hour, I hate waiting for this company.

Frustrating thoughts about events that I hope to influence, better than almost being asleep and thinking about events I can’t influence, like how my MS is progressing.

Sometimes switching those thoughts off and thinking something totally different helps such as a joke, laughing usually clears my mind and relaxes me.
      






2 comments:

janis said...

Laughter is the best medicine. My Sis & I were upset about a family matter, we started laughing as we were at a point that if we did not then we would end up crying over it. I try to find the comical side to many upsets as it takes away the sorrow & pain.
Love to you Herrad. I hope you have a splendid day.

Herrad said...

Hi Janis,
I agree with you laughing is the best medicine there is.
Love,
Herrad