Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Rainy May Wednesday.



Pedro Friedeberg.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Friedeberg


A mail just arrived from Johanneke, my occupational therapist, informing me that the support cushion for in bed will be delivered on 16 May.

This was applied for on 2 February, I got the approval in March for it to be made for
me in April.

Friday 2 April, Johanneke phoned the company Quatron and heard it would be ready in 2 weeks.

Now it will be ready to be delivered on 16 May, amazing, also that I had an appointment on 30 March for a lighter joystick.

I was promised a quick resolution, a quick appointment for the lighter joystick to be installed, since 30 March not a word.

Wonderful world of expensive time consuming burocracy, which is not set up to provide swift solutions for handicapped people like me.

Seems once again I get to be patient and wait, if only the progression of my ms could wait then there would be no problem.

I have sent heaps of mails, so far no news from anyone, no appointments and no sign of my getting the lighter joystick anytime soon.

This would be good to get while my hands/arms still function, I fear that it will be too late as everything else is, but who knows maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

5 comments:

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings my friend. wonderful that you will be getting your cushion and a bah humbug on the issue of the lighter joystick. It really sucks the delay and they donb't have the decency to at least respond to your mail.

Hope it all come through soon. Take care my regards to Richie.

peace...
Rhapsody

Webster said...

Herrad, you've heard the saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease." Well, you need to go against your grain and become the squeaky wheel - especially with regards to an air conditioner for the Summer. I mean it. One call every day until they get the message that you CAN NOT WAIT. YOUR BODY IS NOT WAITING. You need to make a fuss about this -- it's unacceptable.

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Just catching up on reading. Hope you and Ritchie have a better week! Back to my bureaucratic job.Good luck being in "the system" I know it is hard....Love, Mary

Pretty Zesty said...

Hi Herrad. I hope that all of this wonderful and helpful things come sooner!!!!

Herrad said...

Hi Rhapsody,
Thanks for your visit and comment, everything takes too long.
Often by the time I get something months later I can no longer use it because my MS has progressed.

Hi Webster,
Thanks for your advice, I will try, the last time I put pressure on they took longer.
There is seemingly no way they will adapt their methods because of peoples needs.
Sick isn't it.

Hi Mary,
Thanks for your comment good to see it.
It is hard when ticking boxes is more important than peoples needs.

Hi Kris,
I hope so too but think it will take ages like always.
Thanks for your visit and comment.

Thanks to you 4 lovely friend for coming by.
Love,
Herrad