Sunday, April 03, 2011

Saturday, 2, April, 2011. A Wonderful Warm Sunny Saturday

It was wonderful today, blue skies, sunny and 20 degrees, so this afternoon we went out to enjoy the warm weather.

I went out wearing jogging pants, a t-shirt and my lovely big red fleece top and my fingerless black gloves.

It was wonderful to be outside in the sunshine, we went to the Ten Cate market with the dogs who loved being out with us both, they were excited, especially about going to the market.

It was great being there and seeing all the people and the stalls with their fruit, vegetables, clothes, a riot of colours and smells..

Saw some of the stall holders that I know from the days when I went there every week with Richie.

This was my first visit to the market this year; I managed to get there once last year in October and noticed many changes today.

Such as several new stalls, two selling fruit, one selling gorgeous plants and a Greek stall who had taramasalata which I like very much, but have never seen here before.

I thoroughly enjoyed going out especially as I managed to get to the market and most of the way back in my own, then Richie took over.

A wonderful afternoon and one which I intend to repeat as often as possible, and we will, I plan to go out every day now springis here.











5 comments:

Bibliotekaren said...

Sounds like a wonderful outing -- the company, weather and the sights! Glad to hear it.

Take good care,
Donna

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings....
Its nice that you enjoyed the day...



stay blessed and my regards to Richie

Have Myelin? said...

How fun! Now I have to go google taramasalata, have no idea what that is! Sounds like your 60th year is off to a great start!

Webster said...

It's so good to get out after being cooped up for so long. If you are planning to go out in the Summer you might want to get a cooling vest of some sort. Probably a lightweight one would be best. Not that I know how well they work as mine is very heavy by using ice packs.

Herrad said...

Hi Donna,
It was a great outing.

Hi Rhapsody,
It was very enjoyable and I plan to have many more.

Hi Sherry,
I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Taramasalata is made with smoked cod roe, I like it very much, nice on pita bread, toast,crackers or rotis.

Hi Webster,
I enjoyed being out in the sun, need to find a cooling vest website, any advice gratefully received.

Thanks to you lovely friends for coming by, good to see your comments
Going out in the sun to the market was very good fun.
Love,
Herrad