Thursday, September 02, 2010

Never Going To Forget Them


Gareth's Photo Of Wales

Most days I write about my life, about being extremely disabled with Primary Progressive MS.

However despite wanting and needing to post about my situation, I do also need to post about other things too.

Otherwise I would not be able to be me, engaged with the world not just focussing on my situation and getting depressed because all I can see and feel is my own pain.

Life and my life is so much more than just this shitty disease, I can not and do not want to only focus on that aspect of my life even if it dominants our lives Richie’s and mine.

Watching the film about The Forgotten Children of Zimbabwe was very upsetting, sitting here crying made me realise that despite everything I am still better off than the people in Zimbabwe.

I had to write about it yesterday, somehow writing helped me to work through all the emotions I had felt when seeing those lovely children suffering.

So much suffering, bad enough that incurable diseases offer no perspective of improvement but for so much suffering to be inflicted because of power is revolting.

All that suffering so that one man can stay in power, a man who does not care how many lives get destroyed in the process.

In 2003 Mugabe said:

‘’This Hitler has only one objective: justice for his people, sovereignty for his people, recognition of the independence of his people and their rights over their resources… If that is Hitler, then let me be a Hitler tenfold."

Richie mentioned Mugabe had said he wanted to be like Hitler so I looked on the Internet and found the quote on this blog:


http://quotingmugabe.blogspot.com/


The film about The Forgotten Children of Zimbabwe was very upsetting, seeing people living like that with no hope was horrible.

Their lives do not matter to Mugabe who has thrown them away as if they were rubbish.

The children in the film all had great potential but unless things change soon they will also be thrown away.

Really hope that Mugabe dies soon so that those people can live, can have a future.
.
Right now he is killing thousands by starvation, others he has murdered and he has his security services watching everything people do.

I won't be able to forget this film and Obert, Grace and Michelle or Esther nor do I want to forget them ever.

6 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

You are a very caring person, have a nice friday!

HUGS

Amrita said...

I never knew all this about Robert Mugabe and Zimbabwe.
Powerful countries should have tried to curtail him.

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for your comment and visit, think it is important to care.
Hope your Friday is good too.

Hi Amrita,
Powerful countries like South Africa regularly host meetings and parties with Mugabe, they gave him tickets to the World Cup recently.

He does not allow anyone to visit the country to check conditions.
He even refuses food aid for his starving population claiming that stories of starvation were lies put about by hostile white governments.

Thanks both of you for coming by.
Have a pleasant day.
Love,
Herrad

Ana said...

Herrad,
I don't think you should ever think that you put yourself and don't focus on others.
You have been fighting MS with dignity and you are always making people feel nice.
I'm having a problem in my back. I have hernia and I'm in a crisis that i cannot even stand putting my feet on the floor that it aches and aches.
I have no position and today I have fever.
The only thing we can think when in pain is getting better.
Pain makes all reasoning disappear and I believe that this is the cause of many people accepting treatments that are not good.
As I'm walking with difficulties and it's aching I remembered you and the some posts you wrote and I said to myself: "you cannot complain!; don't be such a baby!" and a lot of other things.
Yes, I'm also a person who cares a lot about the sufferings in the world.
Zimbabwe is on my agenda.
Some people say to me: "you cannot carry the world on your shoulder. There is nothing you can do."
I hate when people tell me this.
But when in pain... please think about taking good care about you dear.
You deserve a lot of good and peaceful days.
I will not read what I wrote...

gareth said...

Watcha Folks, just catching up on ya blog. Glad to hear about your lovley visits and that the new gizmos are working i to enjoyed "little miss sunshine" great bit at the end at the pagent just sums up that kind off event. We had a great trip away sending a e-mail with pics. Mugabe Sucks big time and just to see how much international countries care the have just let Zimbabwe start trading Dimonds again through the Kimberly process http://www.diamondfacts.org/conflict/eliminating_conflict_diamonds.html along with well dodgey countries. Its so sad and sikening.
Anyway sweeties hope you get sunshine at the weekend so looking forward to seeing ya All LOVE GXXX

Herrad said...

Hi Ana,
Great comment, you are right about pain it is not a good situation causes too much stress, difficult to think clearly with pain and stress.
Please complain all you need to do´not bottle it up that is no good either.
We all have our own things and should never compare and think your situation is worse so how can I moan because of ....
Hope your hernia will be sorted soon, sounds like you need an operation.
I too hate when people say that about the troubles of the world.
Zimbabwe could be sorted out if our wonderful world leaders would take action against Mugabe.
Guess too much profits are made by companies exploiting the countries gold and other minerals.

Hi Gareth,
Your pics of your trip are gorgeous.
Sickening to read that Mugabe will get even richer selling diamonds.
Shame that the profit motive seems to have stopped any action against his disgusting regime.
Looking forward to seeing you both soon.

Thanks you two dear friends for coming by.
Have a pleasant weekend.
Love,
Herrad