Saturday, August 07, 2010

Gay Pride Boat Parade




It is the annual Gay Boat Parade today, when when imaginatively decorated boats parade down the entire length of the Prinsengracht.

Today it has been raining for hours and has just stopped now, normally thousands flock here xto see the boats and to party all weekend.

100,000 visitors would not be unusual, think it will be less especially as the Gay Games are happening in Cologne, Germany this weekend.

Also four well known gay bars have closed, amazing to think that April and the Cockring are no more, their boats were always good.

Now thdere will be lots more company boats, and banks which are all very sober boats not really the spirit of the paradqe which is a flamboyant festival.

Shame about the weather, glad for me it is not nicer otherwise I would be so sad that I can not gro out.

Shame though as sun is always nicer, will keel this short off for a shower and to sit in the front room with my darling Richie and the dogs.

5 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

Gay boat parade..we should have one in Seattle, lots of water here.

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

Have a nice Saturday evening, enjoying time in the front room with the dogs and Richie!

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Diane,
Think that is a great idea, even better if it were to happen.

Hi Stephany,
It was great sitting in the front room I was there for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
And afterwards there was no sign of any redness or other signs of discomfort.

Thanks both of you dear friends for coming by.
Love,
Herrad

Ana said...

Hi Herrad,
Thank you for coming to visit me.
I'm fine.
I have to visit my blog friends more often and not having you all only on my mind.
Love you Herrad.
Ana

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings Herrad/my regards to Richie.

Cockring, wow what a name eh. Very interesting read.

Thank for sharing, take care and stay beautiful.