Monday, May 17, 2010

Staying Optimistic











Pyschadelic Art.


Feeling sad that finally it is a sunny day and I can not sit because the skin got broken again.

Richie thinks by the catheter tube somehow getting caught up under my bum last night, probably only briefly but that’s enough on that sensitive skin.

Its small but it is better to wait for it to heal than sit and make it worse.

The timing is shitty today I should have had the last adaptations to the wheelchair back done.

And then it would have been whisked away to be covered and Wednesday the arm supports were to be properly adjusted.

And now I am back to square one waiting for it to heal again.

Well Michelle called to say that she thinks the appointment can go ahead and does not need me to sit as all the adjustments were noted and and just need to be done.

These can be done today without me sitting and then a new temp cover put on and the chair will be taken away to be properly covered.

Hope that the man from Summit agrees too if not will hear from Michelle very soon

Not heard it can not happen so off to shower and exercise machine and will see what happens at 3 pm today.

Ii is a sunny day so despite the set back can’t help but enjoy the good weather today and staying optimistic.

Glad the chair can still be done today so things can go to the next stage which I need to keep me focussed and optimisctic.

Going to pop over The Wheel of Fortuna and visit Steve and leave a message for him and look at the clip of our dogs.

Still can't believe that he came all the way from Texas to meet us.

http://spinfortunaswheel.blogspot.com/


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Herrad...that's terrible news, but your optimism is quite inspiring! Hope you can get the chair done. Will you have Ton come back to take a look at the cut?
xxxx

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad,

I was disappointed about the wound, and glad to read that you are keeping good spirits and remaining optimistic.

I hope it heals faster than ever so you can get back outside soon.

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
It was the worse news Richie could give me yesterday.
And one I was not expecting.
The chair has had the last adaption done now, I need to test it to see if the added lumbar support is good then I lose it for 3 days for it to be covered in red with a white and grey design no it.

Hi Stephany,
I was very down yesterday, today I am looking for the silver lining.
Which was provided my the last adaptations being done without me needing to sit as he had marked the foam.

Glad Michelle organised this then it does not feel like things are stagnating.

About the skin, it is not a wound as such but the skin has been broken by the catheter tube.

Richie said again it is tiny, not deep just skin and he thought it looked better already today.
Will keep you informed.
Thanks for your visit and support.
Love,
Herrad

mortonlake said...

best to be safe than sorry herrad. you take care,love mort xx

Herrad said...

Hi Mort,
Thanks I certainly want to stay safe.
Glad it was the catheter and not sitting.
Have a pleasant evening.
Love,
Herrad

Cranky said...

Herrad - bummer about the skin break. glad that, while it's healing, it's not slowing down the final chair mods. I agree it is amazing Steve visited all the way from TX.

janis said...

Heal up soon so you can enjoy that Sunshine! :) Prayers & Love your way. my dear Herrad.

Bibliotekaren said...

Oh, Herrad - dang! Sorry to hear about the latest development but glad they can go ahead and do the chair adjustments. Enjoy the sunny view at least.

Donna

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Keep your wonderful optimisim. It sounds like a temporary thing and you will be ready when the next step comes. Love your art. Best wishes, Love, Mary

Have Myelin? said...

I am glad he came to see you! =) Love your optimism.

Herrad said...

Hi Cranky,
Steve's visit was brilliant, he is a wonderful man.
It was a special moment.
Glad the w/chair is coming along.

Hi Janis,
Hope it closes up quickly too.
Sunshine is happening at the end of the week hope that I will be out there again in 2 weeks.

Hi Donna,
They have done all they can now, as soon as I can sit I can test it and then they will cover it.
The warm air coming in the window was lovely.

Hi Mary,
I think you are right its another blip and will soon be over.,
Then I will go out and enjoy.

Hi Sherry,
Have to be optimistic the other option is miserable and wet.

Thanks all you lovely friends for coming by and being so wonderfully supportive.
Love,
Herrad

soulful sepulcher said...

Herrad, That is a silver lining that it wasn't from the sitting, the tube instead...hopefully then this will be a VERY short time to wait for it to heal!

HUGS

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So glad you are being optimistic, know that is hard..
kim

Webster said...

Herrad, Your optimism astounds me. Don't worry though, I shed a tear for you. I hope your would heals quickly. And I hope the chair comes back to you all red and ready to go.

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
I was so worried it was pressure from sitting, glad it was not.
We are hoping that it will heal quickly.

Hi Kim,
You are right it is hard but better to keep hoping than to despair.

Hi Webster,
My optimism astounds me too, better than negativity.
Hope we will be smiling soon when I can sit and roll down the road again.

Thanks you three dear friends for coming by.
Good to feel your support.
Love,
Herrad