Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Landings For Steve











Henri Matisse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Matisse


Had a busy afternoon today, at 2 pm Mathilde, my physiotherapist was here to sit in on the appointment with my occupational therapist Johanneke and Frans, the representative from RTDorp.

Who make and sell a universal remote control which helps to open doors, turn on lights, turn on the tv and the DVD player, radio and operates the telephone.

In time it can be expanded to open the lift doors and the main entrance, it won't include them now as at the moment I tend to go out with Richie.

But could be that after awhile I may feel more confident and wish to go to our local shops alone where they know me and I trust them to help me.

If that happens Frans will expand the functions of the remote control to include operating lift and main entrance.

Great to know this can be added later should I need to use them so my everyday life could become enlarged even more than now.

It is a nice perspective and just really good to know this support is available should I need it, excellent that there are no limits to the aids you can get.

Hope that the simplest aid will be sorted out soon, that is the aid which you wear around your hand and it helps turn the page, thought Johanneke was bringing one but turns out we have to find a suitable one first.

So back to the internet and hope to find such a device, wonder if anybody has any tips about aids to help reading, how to turn pages when fingers do not function well.

As soon I have posted this I shall search the internet for any simple aids that facilitate reading books and magazines.

Hope to have good news soon and can start reading books again, be brilliant, there are lots of books on our bookshelves that I want to read again, as well as 5 new books.

Once I have posted I shall send Steve an email wishing him happy landings and leave a supportive message on his blog The Wheel of Fortuna.

http://spinfortunaswheel.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that Steve is coming to visit you and Richie! His life must plain suck right now, getting away will surely help his grief, at least I hope so!

I LOVE that you're thinking about going out alone Herrad! What confidence! Love it! :)))

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Its brilliant Steve will be here this Thursday.
Good for him to travel right now, gives him a different perspective for once he is back home.
Love to go out alone, maybe not far just go round the block or sit by the canal or go to our nearest turkish shop.
We will see.
Love.
Herrad

Pretty Zesty said...

That remote sounds wonderful Herrad!
Love to you and Richie and I'm sure Steve will have a lovely time with you two! ;o)

Herrad said...

Hi Kris,
Can hardly wait for Thursday, it will be brilliant.
So will the remote.
Love,
Herrad

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Try abledata.com and search for page turner or whatever you may need. Have a great visit and week.Love, Mary

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
Thanks for the information I shall take a look right away.
We are both looking forward to seeing Steve on Thursday very much
Have a good week.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
Thanks for the information I shall take a look right away.
We are both looking forward to seeing Steve on Thursday very much
Have a good week.
Love,
Herrad