Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Enjoying the Moment.











Australian Art


Another beautiful sunny day with blue sky, just starting to get cloudy now and the sun is not as strong as it was.

It’s a good day, had a nice shower, this is worth mentioning as showers are rarely nice these days.

Touching my skin can be a tricky move, as so often what I feel is at such odds with what is really happening.

Richie gently holding my hands can feel pleasant more usually it feels like an electric shock.

The shower can occasionally like today feel good, it mostly is something that I endure, and each water jet feels like a needle.

The softest and warmest towels feel like cold pumice stone and is very unpleasant indeed, added to that all temperature changes are unpleasant.

I do not feel the room temperature until it is roasting hot and Richie is melting and then I will ask if the heating is on.

Today the water felt pleasant and even the towels did not feel as abrasive as they often do, after Richie had dried me and dressed me, he placed me in front of the Motomed.

When he got me my fruit shake (banana/date/orange) Richie told me that he thought the skin had healed over totally.

Shame now that Ton did not come this week, should be confirmed good news next week Wednesday
.
Can’t wait to hear what Ton says then; think it is not a bad idea for me to have to wait until next week.

Give the skin extra time to thicken up before that I start to sit in my electric wheelchair again, funny sitting here and having pleasant fantasies about trips out.

Our friend Lin, from the British General Stores


http://www.britishstore.nl/


wants to take me out for a meal at her friend’s Jamaican restaurant Planet Rose, just 5 minutes up the road.


http://www.planetrose.info/


Another friend, Marianne I know is looking forward to our trips to the Ten Cate market our local market.

Cecile another friend wants to organise a barbeque outdoors in the summer, I want to organise a picnic on the street outside of our building, think it would be nice thing to do in June.

My fantasy I to be able to be mobile again and move around and go outside and come back in and do this whenever I want to.

The idea of being able to sit and go out again is brilliant, plans make it even better but sitting and going out is already an excellent respective.

Happy days are coming soon, I am enjoying the moment.

9 comments:

steve said...

Hi Herrad - Isn't the skin sensitivity just the worst? It takes away the ability to enjoy the one thing that we are born to crave - human touch. I have to fight every instinct and not rub BR's hands, shoulders, back, and especially legs and feet when I am trying to comfort him. His scalp is just about all we have left.

[technical note: your blog formatting is a bit messed up right now due to malformed HTML at the end of today's post. you should be able to fix it by editing the post from your dashboard.]

Herrad said...

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your comment and visit really shit the over sensitive skin really horrible not to be touched without it causing great discomfort and even pain.
My face and head are still ok.
Wonder what I need to edit.
Blogger is odd today some people can't access their blogs or mine so think if the layout is weird it is blogger not me.
Have a good evening and day tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad

Herrad said...

Hi Steve
Thanks you were right there was something not ok with th html code for my signature.
Love,
Herrad

Unknown said...

Hi! Herrad
Gee wish I could come to your barbecue
Keep thinking those good thoughts.

Webster said...

Oh, I hate it when DH's hand feels like it's covered with sandpaper. Fortunately for me it just happens on my lower legs - so far. Glad to hear that your shower was pleasant today. It's still cold here, so I'm patiently waiting for warmer weather. 74F would be good.

Enjoying the Ride said...

Herrad,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been so busy with my own stuff of late. I certainly hope that you can start sitting up again in a few days. The coming season would be wonderful to enjoy outside.

Mitch

Herrad said...

Hi Carole,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your comment.
Wish you could come by too.

Hi Webster,
Thanks for your comment and visit.
You are right it is horrible when being touched feels like sand paper, horrible I hate it.

Hi Mitch,
Thanks for coming by, good to see your comment.
Hope you are doing well.
Hope i can start sitting next week.

Thanks everyone for coming by and leaving your comments.
Have a good afternoon and evening.
Love,
Herrad

Have Myelin? said...

I am thrilled to hear about your wound healing up. Hope you get the official word so you can go out!

I used to have skin sensitivity but no longer do since starting on Topamax. It has been a "do everything" type of medication for me. Migraines, nerve pain, etc. I have been on it for over 12 years. It does not work for everyone but it is my miracle. Just mentioning it in passing.

Herrad said...

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for your visit and comment, can hardly wait for Wednesday.
Also for the info on Tokomax.

Thanks for coming by.
Have a good day tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad