Sunday, January 17, 2010

1989 Was A Good Year.


Gull's Reflection in Amsterdam Gracht.










Photos from Wales

Yesterday we had a dramatic start to the day, which we luckily did not have today; today we have both woken up at our own pace.

Without any need for Richie to get me into the shower at top speed, I enjoyed lying here trying to relax my neck and shoulders.

As soon as I was fully awake I felt all the pains again, all over my body, even my thumb had spasms.

I did my arm and back exercises more or less right away, in fact, as soon as I started thinking I would like to skip doing them just for today.

Because my arms were so painful today, I made quite alot of noise doing the exercises, especially during the first set.

After the first set I could stretch my arms without pain, which makes the benefits of doing the exercises everyday very clear.

Still need to occasionally remind myself about the benefits of exercises, mind you these days I do not need too much encouragement.

Recently my arms are getting heavier even though I have quite strong arms, because of the muscles that I have built up doing 18 months of 30 minutes of arm exercises daily.

Despite the exercises I find that lifting a forkful of food can become increasingly difficult, especially when I am tired.

When I can't carry on, I ask Richie to assist me, which he does very nicely, he is so very good how he helps me.

Richie is a really sweet man, love how he always comes up with a solution, if there is a problem or finds a better way of doing something.

It is impressive how he copes with all the things he has to do for me; I am a full time job for him.

One I am so glad he is doing, happy we are together and that we are such good friends as well as totally in love with each other.

1989 was a good year, when we first met, the years since have been much better for having my darling Richie in my life.

It was noticeable when we met that we clicked, remember the first time Riche came round one morning for a cup of tea and we were still talking in the evening.

Amazingly it is already twenty years ago now that we first met and we are still laughing and talking.

10 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

I think you two are soul mates, that's for sure. I always like reading your stories about your life together. I'm also glad you've got him now, it's a cruel twist of fate for MS to knock on the door, but you have each other which is the best gift in the world.

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for coming by and thanks for your sweet comment.
You are right it is the best gift to have each other.
I am so glad Richie is here with me.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad

Libby said...

herrad, i love hearing about the beginnings of things! especially you & richie...it's a wonderful real life story, & makes me happy!

Herrad said...

Hi Libby,
Thanks for coming by and leaving such a sweet comment.
Love,
Herrad

Aviva said...

Wow -- twenty years is very impressive! Good for you and Richie! I'm glad you're blessed with such a supportive husband -- it makes such a difference in quality of life.

*hugs*

Herrad said...

Hi Aviva,
Thanks for comin by and leaving your nice comment.
I am so surprised it is 2o years already, well 21 years in April.You are right having a supportive husband makes all the difference.
I am so very happy that Richie is here with me.
Keep warm.
Hope tomorrow is a good day for you.
Love,
Herrad

Webster said...

Funny that you should be writing about Richie today as I was thinking about him this morning; thinking about how lucky you are to have him there to help you, as I am lucky to have my DH here to help me.

I fell about 10 days ago. I was getting the mail and walking back to my chair when BOOM, down I went. There was no reason for it that I could tell, except perhaps my shoe caught on the rug or something. But DH was there in an instant and was able to pick me up. And we were laughing because I was in an awkward position and my legs were spasming and hurt like hell and all I wanted him to do was hurry up about it, but I was laughing too hard to tell him what I needed him to do differently. It was one of those comic moments - I'm sure you understand.

BTW, are you and Richie married? I thought that you were, but am too lazy to go back to check.

Herrad said...

Hi Webster,
Nice to see your comment as soon as I was connected just now.

You are right I am fortunate to have Richie here to help me.
We got married in 2001, had a great party.

Sorry to hear you fell over 10 days ago, I think that maybe a spasm made you fall.

It would not even need a strong one that was noticeable to you.

Think that often when I fell there was a external physical reason but I think now that I also had a spasm.

Hope today is a good day for you.

Her it is grey and misty, warmer air and frozen ground damp and misty day.

Soon be the 21 and shortly after the end of January.

Keep warm and dry.
Big hugs
Love,
Herrad

Unknown said...

What a great tribute to you and Richie. Cheers to the two of you!

S.

Herrad said...

Hi Shauna,
Thanks for coming by and leaving your sweet comment.
Have a good day.
Keep warm.
Love,
Herrad