Thursday, November 19, 2009

An Electrifying Night.













Funny how not sleeping happens suddenly and seemingly for no reason, one minute was sleeping no problem and the next not.

Gareth and Paul are going to find some of the oils that help you relax and sleep, Rain sent me the list of ingredients in her sleep inducing oils.

Lavender and bergamot featured, used to drink lavender and valerian tea, maybe I need to do that again.

Having a lazy and relaxed day today, which I needed after my disturbed night last night, woke myself up a couple of times too.

Which was not nice at all, as well as being quite a shock and then of course as soon as I was awake all the pain became noticeable.

Every tiny movement provoked a spam or a cramp land there were constant small twitches in my upper legs and little electric shocks in my fingers, hands and elbows.

The temperature must have got milder or it was another MS thing but all of a sudden I was bathed in sweat but when I put my arms over the duvet I was instantly cold.

Seemed to spend the night putting my arms under the covers and back out again, and each movement provoked spasms and cramps and electric shocks.

No wonder Richie woke up with the racket I was making moaning and struggling with my cramped up arms.

They really locked up a treat last night was very painful.

The cloud cover got thinner and the sun came through and Mathilde came for our Thursday physiotherapy session where I had a great time screeching and carrying on badly.

Always great fun a session with Mathilde but afterwards I needed to take it easy, as it has been a nice afternoon sitting looking out of the window.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Herrad!! I hope you can find some of those oils. I made a little eye pillow, sewed it from a face cloth and filled it with flax seeds. A few dabs of the oil on the outer sides of the eye pillow and I put it over my eyes for a little while before bed. It really helps me to relax. Valerian is a great sedative! I used to take it for my insomnia and anxiety and it worked like a charm. I'm actually planning to get the liquid tincture to start using next month, just to work in the background to help with the anxiety!

I'm sorry you had a bad night. I can't imagine being woken up by pain like that. I wonder if there is a natural/herbal type of cream that will help with the muscle cramps?

soulful sepulcher said...

Hi Herrad, Lavendar does help with a lot of calming abilities, it sure is worth the try. I grow lavendar and tuck leaves under the skin of the baking turkey for Thanksgiving!

Anyway, I didn't sleep well either, hot/cold, nightmares and anxiety must have been a universal tilt in the solar system.

Hope we all get sleep tonight!

HUGS

Herrad said...

Hi Rain,
Hope Gareth brings some with him tomorrow.
Good to see your comment, thanks for coming by.
Thanks also for the eye pillow tip.

Hi Stephany,
Thanks for coming by.
Like the idea of the universal tilt in the solar system.
I will for sure try the tea and oils.

Thanks both of you for coming by.
Have a good afternoon/evening.
Love,
Herrad

Jo said...

Hi, Herrad! How are you, doll? I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've posted a comment on your enlightened blog--as you may know, I was down for about six weeks computerless with only an occasion to borrow someone's computer to update on mine now and then.
I'm so sorry to hear you're having restless nights--the twitches and electric shock feelings ('pins and needles') and such are, sadly--as you know--such typical MS symptoms and can really prove to be miserable for the person afflicted with MS. Not knowing your views on MS meds and such, I'm wondering out loud if something like Tegretol or Neuronitn can help...or perhaps a medication for 'Restless Leg Syndrome'. Most likely, this is something you're already explored...

I'm getting ready to sign up for the 'MS Walk '10' which will be my third annual Walk.
I hold great hope for you and others and will continue to battle against this disease.

Keep staying strong, my friend--and thank you so much for your continued blog love and support.

Peace, love and happiness,
~Jo
'Diary Of A Sad Housewife'

Herrad said...

Hi Jo,
Thanks for your visit and great comment.
Good to hear your computer problems are over now.
Thanks also for the med tips, will talk to my doctor about these.
Good on you for doing the MS Walk for the 3rd time.
Keep staying strong yourself.
Big hugs.
Love,
Herrad

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Hi Herrad, Thanks for the kind thoughts always. Sorry to hear of your long night. Hope you can find a remedy.I worry about my stupid
5th cervical MS lesion. I still think it helps that I fully support my head at night so it is as if I am sitting straight up. I use my fleece stuffed fleece pillow shaped like a snake and I double it into a U. I put my ear in the middle of the U and try to keep my head from "falling off the shelf" which causes shooting pains, etc. L'Heritte's sign. Love Mary

Have Myelin? said...

Have you ever tried THC lotion? I have some- my caregiver makes it. I don't know how. Perhaps it is available in your area?

I know exactly what you are talking about, the electric shocks...I have that in my hips/belly area. It is NOT fun! I was told I probably had missing myelin on some nerves, thus exposing my belly/hips to electrical shocks. We need insulation for our nerves! :-<

I hope you sleep better tonight. Sleep is a precious commodity.

Herrad said...

Hi Mary,
Thanks for coming by, sure the oils and herbal tea will help me to relax and sleep.
The fleece pillow sounds a good idea, glad it works for you.

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for your visit, I have never heard of thc lotion, I presume it is for the skin?
The electric shocks are horrible aren't they?
Sometimes there will be just one in my little finger that makes the finger twitch madly and painfully.

Thanks both of you for coming by.
Have a good day tomorrow.
Love,
Herrad

Have Myelin? said...

Yes- THC lotion is for the skin. My mom uses it for her Lupus. Her joints hurt so she rubs it in and says it really helps. There is THC in the lotion and your skin absorbs it.

I hope you can find it in your area.