Friday, May 22, 2009

Lori Schneider



Right now Lori Schneider, who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 6 years ago, is about to reach her dream to climb the seven highest mountains on every continent.

Mt. Everest being her last, she started the journey 10 years ago.

She is set to reach the top at the end of May (maybe even as soon as this Saturday)- becoming only the 26th woman to reach the world's highest peak.

Read her story here:

http://www.guideposts.com/story/lori-schneider-mt-everest-climb-multiple-sclerosis?page=0%252C0

6 comments:

Jen said...

Good morning, Herrad. I think I read about this woman climbing Mt Everest (possibly through our National MS Society mag? Not sure..)I think there's a World MS Day---1st ever---on May 27th? Maybe that's where I heard about her.

It's going to be about 80-85 today and sunny here. Working on some writing stuff that I've been dragging my heels with...SIGH...

Talk again soon---

XOXO....Jen

JC said...

That's a great story. Her ms must be in remission. I unfortunately can not walk too far these days. Old body is giving me trouble. And, this too shall pass .. my Mom always said that to me.

I hope you have a grand day with your dogs !!!

Oh, I have a friend who climbs mts. ... not as big as the lady in the story but still I get to hear the story ... basicly clouds and sky ... I can get those down here.

Enjoy !!!

Herrad said...

Hi Jen,

Thanks for coming by hope your writing goes well.


Hi JC,

Iagree with you plenty of clouds down here.

I am having a pretty good day hope you are too.

Love,

Herrad

Amelia said...

Hi Herrad,
Hope you are doing well,
check by my blog, there's an award for you!

Hugs
Amelia XxXxX

Ana said...

Hi Herrad!
Just to say Hello!
I've been living in Second Life for the two last days.
LOL
I'll be back to follow this womans story that is very beautiful!
Hugs!
Ana

Herrad said...

Hi Amelia,

I am ok ish trying to keep cheerful difficult sometimes.

Thanks for the award.

Hi Ana,

How lovely that you came by and sounding so well.

Is Second Life fun?

Hope you both have a good day tomorrow.

Love,
Herrad